We are happy to announce that after 2 years, our office has established a new normal:
We would like everyone to know that the health and safety of our patients, team members, and community is of utmost importance to us. We have updating our protocols and are following the guidelines that the BC dental association and BC public Health office.
- To comply with our province’s social distancing guidelines, we are asking that wherever possible only the patient enters the office. In the case of a new patient or minor, parents or guardians may accompany them. The waiting room still has limited seating and the coffee machine, magazines and pamphlets are still removed.
a. Patients/accompanying persons are welcome to record/facetime during the new patient visit so those not present can observe if needed.
b. Parents are welcome to ask questions in advance of the appointment via e-mail and we are happy to provide updates after the appointment as well. We will often send home brief appointment "Report Cards" with some details of the appointment.
c. Information that we normally would have conveyed to you in person will now be emailed to you with videos and attachment handouts.
- We will be pre-screening everyone in an email prior to their appointment.
- Patients should not come into the office showing signs of illness and should call to reschedule their appointment.
- Once you arrive within 5 mins of your designated time, you can enter on your own through the front door again; it will be unlocked
- Under the recommendations, we are a healthcare facility and masks should be worn at all times unless during treatment. Please continue to wear a cloth mask when you enter our office and after your treatment when you are interacting with our front office team (we have disposable ones available in case you need one)
- Patients must brush and floss BEFORE coming to the office as we must eliminate our brushing stations in the clinic. Unfortunately, patients wearing braces will not be able to brush and floss with their wires out during the appointment.
- We would like to minimize the handling of cash/credit cards in the office and use digital payments when possible. New patients will be asked to set up payment plans so that we can have contact-less payments each month once set up.
- You may leave the office through the front door.
For more information see our questions and answers page.
We greatly appreciate your patience as we phase back into seeing our patients.