The first step towards a beautiful, healthy smile is to schedule an appointment. Please contact our office by phone or complete an online appointment request.
Our goal is to ensure your treatment goes smoothly and on schedule. We make it a top priority to value both you and your time. However, it is unavoidable that some work-time or school-time appointments will be necessary. To ensure quality orthodontic care and that your treatment to proceeds in a timely fashion, it is important that the braces be adjusted regularly. Your office visits will be scheduled every 4-8 weeks to monitor your progress and make necessary adjustments.
We want you to know that our staff will work hard to provide the finest orthodontic care with the most convenient scheduling system possible. We also have families and understand your scheduling concerns, and will do everything we can to ensure that your treatment goes as smoothly as possible.
The vast majority of your appointments over the course of treatment will be short appointments. However if there are times you can come during school hours it is helpful as we can spend more time. By seeing our long-visit patients during school or work hours, it leaves more room in our schedule to see more patients after school or work hours.
- Examinations, diagnostic records, consultations and insertion and removal of braces and appliances are more detailed and technique-sensitive appointments. Therefore, these appointments will be scheduled during quieter hours. We reserve the lunch hour and end of the day appointments for the shorter routine appointments. This means there are only a few appointment that will be in school hours
- Please call as soon as possible. Ignored problems may result in prolonged treatment and increased costs. Simple procedures can be done almost any time of the day, but loose or broken appliances and braces may take more time.
- The longer appointments are always scheduled during quieter hours at a specific time.
- Another appointment will be scheduled, but longer appointments may require waiting 2-4 weeks. An appointment during school or work hours may likely be arranged sooner.
- There are few emergencies in orthodontics. For repair of a single loose brace or broken appliance contact our office at 604 467-2229 to arrange a repair appointment. Even if you have a previously scheduled appointment, we appreciate knowing that you possibly have something to be repaired as there may be additional time needed to do the repair.
- If you experience pain, swelling or bleeding (usually from trauma to the mouth or face), please call the office for the phone number of the orthodontist on call. You will be seen as soon as possible, appropriate care given or be referred to your dentist or another specialist for treatment.
Thank you for understanding and we look forward to your visits to our office.